Friday, April 13, 2012

Key to our first place :)

Jacob and I are moving in 49 days!! I am super excited to start a new journey but sad to leave our first house together! So I decided to make a little memory of our first place together. It is a very cute idea, and inexpensive way to keep a little piece of your first place! 


Things you will need:
Computer and a printer
A key to the house
Picture frame of your liking


Step 1:I started off by googling the town we live in, in our case Jacksonville, NC! I simply typed it in and and centered it to where it showed the whole town! I then screen printed this and opened it up in photoshop. 


Step 2: I measured my frame and opened a file up with a 3x3 size, I then pasted on my map from google! I centered it and sized it to my liking!


Step 3: Type your address out and center it to where you would like it to be, in this case I did bottom center. (most likely your best choice since you will be gluing your key on)


Step 4: Print it off when you like the way it looks! Cut it out and tape or glue it to the back of card stock or whatever works for you! Something harder works best since paper is thin and flimsy!


Step 5: Glue on your key in the center of the picture!


Step 6: Ta-da!! You are done! It is that easy!! 
The finished product!! I love it, and my husband is going to love it especially since its sporting Oklahoma Sooners :)


This is so simple and easy you can add anything you want to it! I also thought of adding a picture of our house, but in the end loved the map look more!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment but please include your email if not already shown :)

The amount you give will determine the amount you get back. Luke 6:38