Thursday, April 5, 2012

Oh so yummy (and healthy) Banana Bread!!

Banana bread is one of my favorites to make! I love making it almost as much as I love eating it :) I thought today I would share this awesome recipe I have!! It is guilt free eating too!

What you will need:
1/3 cup smashed apples(you can use apple sauce as well)
1/2 cup raw honey
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
about 3-4 overly ripe bananas
1 3/4 whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 cup hot water
1/2 cup chopped walnuts(or whatever nut you like!)
Nutella (optional)

Directions:
Step 1: Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. 
Step 2: In your mixing bowl combine apples and honey...

Step 3:Add eggs and mix well...

Step 4: Add Bananas and vanilla...
                                                     

Step 5: Add flour and salt. Mix baking soda and hot water in separate container. Mix well and add to mixing bowl. Add in nuts and continue to mix...

Step 6: This is completely optional! I add anywhere from 2-4 tbsp of nutella to the mix. I love the taste and it makes the bread taste even better!! You can opt to add more or less depending on what you like...

Step 7: Spray down the banana pans, I usually use two 9x5's but you can of course use whatever you prefer! 


Step 8: Pop them in the oven for 55-60 minutes at 350 degrees. Check with a toothpick or knife to see if it is finished! Since it is oil/butter free it will not be as fluffy as the normal banana bread, but I swear the taste is just as good..if not better :) 


The finished product!! Let them cool for a while before cutting into them! 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment but please include your email if not already shown :)

The amount you give will determine the amount you get back. Luke 6:38