This is me 3 years ago, sure I wasn't the biggest person but I was sooo out of shape and so very much in need of a flatter stomach!! So here are some awesome tips on what I have done over the years to help get to where I am today!
As we all know, its our life long goal to have that flat hard stomach and look our best all year round!! But there is always that stubborn belly fat that never wants to go away..no matter what!! Well let me share a few tips and tricks on helping you get that flat stomach you've always worked so hard for!!
For starters, this isn't going to be a magical trick that bam over night you are looking like a model, it takes time and you are going to have to get sweaty! Remember if you look good after your gym work then you didn't work hard enough!!
1. Don't skip breakfast!! Most important meal of the day, you need those calories to jump start your body and help your metabolism get going!
2. Drink a glass of water before each meal!
3. Don't skip meals!
4. Eat 5-6 small meals a day
5. Cut out any sugary drinks! Water is your best friend, so drink on up all day long!!
6. Eat slowly, this isn't a race! Take your time, if you have issues with over eating pacing yourself will go a long way!
7. Posture!! Always sit up straight and hold in that core!! That is one of the worst problems is remembering to sit up and hold in that core!
8. Do cardio 30-60 minutes at least 3-4 times a week!! You need cardio to help burn fat, so mix cardio in with your weight training :)
9. Cut out sweets, sugar can be your worst enemy when it comes to belly fat!
10. Reduce your salt, too much salt can cause swelling!
11. Cut down your alcohol intake!! Drinking too much can get you that "beer belly" and not the type of 6 pack you want!!
12. Avoid fast food!! Most fast food places are full of sodium and processed foods, if you have a craving for something make it at home!
13. Cut down your wheat intake! I know whole grain wheat is good for you, but it is always the number one cause of excess belly fat!! Try going gluten free for a few days of the week, I can almost bet you will see a difference!
14. Color your plate!! Remember you need lots of veggies and fruits along side your protein!
15. Avoid stress- may be hard but if you start to stress over something go for bike ride or a run or a walk! It will help ease the stress!!
16. Get 7-8 hours a sleep each night. You won't believe how much better you feel with a well rested body!
17. Don't starve yourself!!!! I cannot stress this one enough- you will end up losing muscle and gaining fat because your body will store any food it gets!! Remember to eat every 2-4 hours people!
18. Don't isolate your stomach! Remember you cannot just do crunches and think you will be okay! You need full body weight training along with cardio!!
19. Abs are made in the kitchen! Ever heard this phrase?! Well its true, you can workout all day long but if you are eating junk you are not helping your stomach one bit!! Eat a healthy well balanced meal!
20. Enrich your diet with fiber :)
21. Planks!! We all hate them but they do wonders for a stomach- if you can only hold it for a few seconds work your way up! Remember quantity over quality!
22. Super fruits and veggies! Make sure you are taking those wonderful super fruit and veggies to help :)
24. Run! Running is one of the best ab workouts you can do, as long as you are doing it correctly :)
25. Avoid diet pill fads! There is no cure all magic pill that "melts" away fat! You need to work for it! But I promise when you are done it will all be worth it!!
Well ladies and gents, here you are! Just a few tips to help you get closer to that flat lean stomach you've always been wanting!! Do not give up, you can do it!! Until next time..
"Do not be afraid, you who are highly esteemed," he said. "Peace! Be strong now; be strong." When he spoke to me, I was strengthened and said, "Speak, my lord, since you have given me strength."