Friday, January 3, 2014

Diet..wait do you mean every day eating?

So, as well know eating right is a big part of your daily life! Your lifestyle change should include eating healthier. Your road to a better you is not just in the gym, but in the kitchen as well. I always say, 100% gym, 100% diet. I hesitate to use the word diet, some people hear diet and assume 'oh great, no good food'. Realistically diet is just your every day food intake, think of it that way from now on!

So to help you kick start your healthy eating I thought I would share one of my favorite recipes..ever!!

Super easy to make, you can cook it in less than 20 minutes and you can add your own touch to it every time!


What you will need
Quinoa 
Kale or spinach(I always use Kale)
Grape/cherry Tomatoes 
Protein(I like ground turkey/chicken or shrimp)
Olive Oil
Garlic
Mrs. Dash sodium free seasoning of choice

How to Make it
Start boiling your water to make your quinoa. Now, the amount is going to depend on how many people you are cooking for. I usually cook for my husband and I with enough for left overs the next day. I cook 1 cup of quinoa. 

In a sauté pan add your olive oil, kale and cut up tomatoes. Sauté them on medium and when they are cooked add in your seasonings to taste. If you are cooking this with shrimp now is a great time to add in that shrimp. If you are cooking it with another protein I would recommend a separate pan to cook fully then add in!

As soon as your quinoa is done cooking, go ahead and portion control your  plates, I would recommend anywhere form 1/2 cup to 1 cup. Even with 1 cup you are at 220 calories which is amazing for your "grain". 

Top it off with about a 1/2 cup of your protein and kale mixture and you are good to go!

Of course you can alter the mixture as needed, add as you wish, or take away! Play with it, its your healthy dinner :)

Make sure to subscribe to my blog for more fitness related tips on everything from clothes to what exercise should I be doing!!


p.s.
Congrats Oklahoma on the big win!
Boomer Sooner Everyone!
(Did I mention I was married to the worlds biggest Oklahoma fan)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment but please include your email if not already shown :)

The amount you give will determine the amount you get back. Luke 6:38