Friday, September 28, 2012

Friday at home mid section and cardio!

Morning my lovely friends!! So since Jake and I are awaiting for our gym membership to go through and get all set up I have been doing more and more at home workouts! I am dying without my daily gym dose though!! I will be excited when we get our gym situation all set up!! Until then its at home boot camp style for this gym addict!!

Today I thought I would work on cardio and my mid section! So I thought I would share my workout today with those of you who are not able to get to a gym or just aren't at that comfort level to be at the gym! This is a quick 20 minute workout, I like to do two to three rounds, do depending on your exercise level you can choose what works for you!

I started out with a quick 3 mile run to warm up my body and get in some good cardio! You can start off walking, biking, swimming(if you have a pool) or using an elliptical! If you are a beginner then adjust your mileage, start off doing 1/2 mile to 1 mile and increase from there!! You don't want to over due it before you even start off!



Friday Workout:
You will need a timer for this!!

Basket Ball Shots- 60 seconds
Arm Pumps- 60 seconds
Large forward arm circles-30 seconds
Star Jumps- 60 seconds


90-90 crunches- 60 seconds
Ab curls- 60 seconds
Ab Choppers- 60 seconds
The Saw- 60 seconds
Staff Pose- 30 seconds

90-90 crunches- 60 seconds
Ab curls- 60 seconds
Ab Choppers- 60 seconds
The Saw- 60 seconds
Staff Pose- 30 seconds


Alternating Side Planks-50 seconds
Rotating Elbow Planks- 50 seconds
Upward Planks- 30 seconds
Rest for 15 seconds (get some water!!! hydrate!!)
Alternating Side Planks- 50 seconds
Rotating Elbow Planks- 50 seconds
Upward Planks- 30 seconds
Rest for 15 seconds

Russian Twists- 30 seconds
Flutter kicks- 60 seconds
Bicycles- 30 seconds
Side crunches- 60 seconds (30 seconds each side)
V-Up's- 60 seconds

Cool down time!!
Cat Cow- 60 seconds
Center Leg Stretch- 60 seconds
Half Cobra Pose- 60 seconds
Child's pose- 60 seconds

..and you are FINISHED!! Now make sure you stretch both before and after to make sure you don't harm yourself! Hydrate hydrate hydrate!!! Water is your best friend, so make sure you are taking in enough water throughout the workout and the rest of your day as well!!

If you have any questions about what pose is what or what the exercise looks like feel free to email or comment and I will explain it to you :) Happy Friday everyone!!


One step closer to the body you want! Never give up!!


And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ.  -Philippians 1:6 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment but please include your email if not already shown :)

The amount you give will determine the amount you get back. Luke 6:38