Sunday, September 23, 2012

Lololly North Park Hike

Today Jacob and I decided to get out and do some hiking around the parks here in Gainesville! We went to Lololly North Park, its a 70 acre wooded park following a creek! The creek isn't your ideal creek, it was some brownish red color! Very odd but none the less it was a great day! We went off the trail and ended up walking around just about 4 miles today. Jacob was convinced he would see an alligator but we did not see any :( We did however see huge spiders..huge isn't a big enough word for how big they were! haha

Hopefully the picture helps, but doesnt do justice for just how huge these guys were. Jake was not a fan of them, I joked with him because he spent last year in Afghanistan but was scared of these little old spiders haha!!

All in all it was a fun day, before we left I set up the crock pot to make some a creamy chicken chile( Chile Recipe here )that I found online. You must try it, smells so good! I did change mine up a little bit though..added a few different spices instead of the ranch packet. No need for extra sodium if you dont have to :)

So that was our day today! Now were just going to have dinner and spend this last week together before Jacob has to check in for recruiting duty!! It is going to be an exciting next few months that is for sure!!



One thing I ask from the Lord, this only do I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze on the beauty of the Lord and to seek him in his temple.
Psalm 27:4

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment but please include your email if not already shown :)

The amount you give will determine the amount you get back. Luke 6:38