Thursday, November 8, 2012

Creamy Avocado and Roasted Tomato pasta!

Hey All!! I know I have been slacking a bit bunch on my blog, but I promise I will update it all this week!! I still have some awesome pictures and a blog saved from Connor's first birthday party!! Ah what a cutie he has grown to be..

Anyways last night I made a very very tasty Avocado Pasta and a few friends asked me to share the recipe! So here I am to share with you all, now I found this recipe on pinterest a few weeks ago, but I cannot remember from who..so I apologize if it is yours an I am not giving you the credit! I did tweek it a bit, for two reasons..one I didn't have all the ingredients and two I wasn't a fan of all the ingredients haha!

Sorry if my pictures aren't all that, I was just trying to be a pro just snapping them on the great iphone haha!


Creamy Avocado and Roasted Sauteed Tomato Pasta
4 servings of Angel hair pasta, or whatever pasta you like
12-16 grape tomato's
4 tbsp olive oil
2.5-3 ripe avocado's(I used 3)
2 garlic cloves (minced garlic will work too)
1//2 tsp salt
2 tbsp lemon juice
Parmesan cheese
Chicken or Shrimp(you can add whatever protein to if that you seem fit, I used chicken)
2 chicken stock cubes(again optional)

To start, I preheated the oven to 400, topped my chicken with olive oil, salt, pepper and some garlic salt. Stick it in the oven so it cooks while you are making the pasta!


To start off, I added the two chicken stock cubes to water and brought them to a boil. Add your pasta(I used wheat so it cooks a tad longer than regular) I like the chicken stock because it gives the noodles that extra kick!

While pasta is boiling add the avocado's, garlic, salt and lemon juice to the food processor. Pulse until it is a nice creamy mixture, you can leave a few chunks in there, I did! As you can see I also added a little bit of Tastefully Simple's season salt, just to give it a little more flavor. Totally up to you on that one!

Next I cut my tomato's into quarters, added a little olive oil, salt and pepper, and garlic salt and sauteed them. While the recipe is called roasted tomato I should of said sauteed haha! 

See..ahh so pretty!!

About this time your pasta should be done, strain it and put it into a bowl or back in the pot! I left a little of the chicken stock in the pasta to make it a little more tasty(plus it helps in mixing all together)

Add your avocado mixture and tomato's to the pasta and mix well. If you opted out of leaving some water you will probably need to mix a tad in or maybe add some olive oil for ease! It isn't the easiest to mix it all together so I recommend adding the avocado mixture first then the tomato's!

Now at this point my chicken was done as well! I took it out, added it to the plate and Volia! I had the best avocado pasta I have ever had!!
Sprinkle some Parmesan cheese on there and you have yourself dinner! I must say this was very tasty, I had left over's for both Jake and I to bring to work tomorrow today!

Hope you all enjoy it! Let me know what you think, and if you stumble upon this and you know the original post please share so I can share :)






No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment but please include your email if not already shown :)

The amount you give will determine the amount you get back. Luke 6:38