Tuesday, March 20, 2012

My First Official Race

As most of my friends know I am a runner. I love running its the best stress reveler after a long day of studying!! I would run all day if I could do that, I think someone needs to come up with a new job where all we do is run for the day :) I sure would apply! 


Recently I signed up for my first official race! When I was 22 I did do a 5k to benefit Breast Cancer but I walked it, so now I am running my first race! I signed up to run a 10k on March 31, its a benefit run for a Jacksonville High School wrestler who was harmed wrestling. So its a good cause all around, I get to cross off my first race and I get to help a teenager in need! The run also has a 5k for those of you who don't enjoy running as much as I seem to ;) 


My goal is to run the race in under an hour, I have been timing myself and I believe I can do this! I am not the fastest run out there so to just to finish it will be an accomplishment! I have posted the link at the bottom of this blog if any of you bloggers want to join me or just donate to this young man!! 


Next race I have signed up for is the Dirty Hog on May 5..that will be more than just running!! I will leave that for another day :)


http://www.active.com/running/jacksonville-nc/jhs-booster-run-2012?SSFEAT=214ActivePurchCNFMRSVP-1295915596190&SREF=FBShare&SFBState=Unknown&cmp=23-12 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment but please include your email if not already shown :)

The amount you give will determine the amount you get back. Luke 6:38